Securing Educational Payments (P2PE) Solution
Data breaches are becoming increasingly common. In fact, according to the Identity Resource Center (ITRC), there were 1,473 breaches and over 164 million exposed records in 2019. According to a study by IBM and the Ponemon Institute, data breaches cost members of the U.S. educational industry about $142 per record exposed.
PCI-validated point-to-point encryption (P2PE) is one of the best ways to protect in-person payments. But it’s still a complicated topic.
- Cover the current state of payment security.
- Explore the danger of malware.
- Go over the role of solutions like EMV chips, tokenization, and P2PE.
- Examine the origin of PCI-validated P2PE (and how it’s different than non-validated solutions).
- Identify the benefits of PCI-validated P2PE.
- Introduce Nelnet Campus Commerce’s PCI-validated P2PE solution (courtesy of Bluefin).